Start your day off with a delicious and nutritious vegan berry smoothie! This recipe is packed with energizing ingredients, including fresh or frozen blueberries, strawberries and blackberries, banana, oat milk. Not only does this smoothie taste great but it’s also rich in essential vitamins and minerals that will help keep you feeling full for hours. Plus, it takes just minutes to whip up, so why not give it a try today?
Ingredients Needed To Make the Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 1.5 cup oat milk
- 1 banana
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
How to make the Mixed Berry vegan Smoothie
- First things first you will need to wash all your produce and remove the stems from the strawberries and blueberries (if any) Don’t soak the berries just rinse and place on paper towel
- Then you will want to peel your banana and break into 2 or 4 pieces, add them to your blender. I use a ninja blender and I love it but use whatever blender you have.
- The add the blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries to the blender.
- Then pour your oat milk over your ingredients in the blender
- Pulse the blender several times to mix the ingredients together.
- Then you can blend at high speed until the smoothie is nice and creamy.
- Garnish with a strawberry (optional) but you know me I LOVE strawberries so I always add it
- Enjoy your vegan berry smoothie immediately! If you would like to save some for later, pour the smoothie into a Mason jar with a lid. Enjoy within 2 days of making it. Enjoy!
- This recipe is great if you are looking for an easy and healthy breakfast or snack that packs a nutritional punch.
Serve the smoothie cold in a glass and enjoy!
Using your own hand picked strawberries, blackberries and blueberries makes this smoothie very better as it come from your own garden
Recipe notes and tips:
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- If you find the smoothie to be too thick, simply add a bit more oat milk until it is the desired consistency.
- If you want to make this smoothie even more nutritious and filling, feel free to add in some chia seeds or flaxseed for extra protein and omega-3s!
- If you’re not a fan of oat milk, feel free to substitute with any other plant-based milk such as almond or coconut.
- For extra sweetness, add in some maple syrup or honey (if desired).
- This smoothie is perfect for meal prepping and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- For a thinner smoothie, add in some iced water!
- For a smoother consistency, you can strain the smoothie through a fine mesh sieve before serving. This will remove any of the chunky berry pieces.
Variations to try:
- Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- Add in some vegan yogurt to make the smoothie even creamier.
- Mix up the berries and try adding different fruits such as raspberries, mango, kiwi, or pineapple.
- For added protein you can add in 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite nut butter.
- If you’re looking for an extra kick of flavor, add in a splash of lemon or lime juice.
- Feel free to substitute any other type of vegan milk for the oat milk.
- You can also add a scoop of your favorite plant-based protein powder to give the smoothie an extra boost.
- Add chia seeds to the mixture and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
- For more sweetness, throw in some dates or a bit of brown sugar.
- If you’re looking for a boost of energy, add 1/3 cup oats to the mix!
- And lastly, feel free to top your smoothie with some granola or chia seeds for a crunchy texture.
I hope you enjoy this energizing and delicious vegan berry smoothie as much as I do! Enjoy!
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
Yes! When prepared with wholesome ingredients, smoothies are a great way to get in extra vitamins and minerals. Be sure to include lots of fruits and vegetables for the most nutritional benefit.
Yes, you can use either fresh or frozen fruit in this recipe. If using frozen fruit be sure to add a few extra ice cubes as the smoothie will need more liquid if using frozen fruits.
Absolutely! Feel free to substitute different types of plant-based milk, different fruits, and other add-ins. Just make sure to adjust the liquid if using frozen fruit or adding extra ingredients.
Yes, you can easily double this recipe to serve more people. Simply double all of the ingredients and blend until smooth!
This vegan mixed berry smoothie is a great way to start your day with a healthy and nutritious beverage. With the right combination of ingredients, you can customize it according to your personal tastes and preferences. Whether you’re looking for an energizing boost or just something sweet and satisfying, this recipe has got you covered! Be sure to take advantage of all the tips we provided above so that you get the most out of every sip. Enjoy!